Give your roasted sweet potatoes a spicy-sweet makeover. These bite sized nuggets are glazed with a beautiful Chili Maple glaze and enhanced by tasty, crunchy pecans.
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finally chopped
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into large bite sized chunks. In a large mixing bowl, drizzle the sweet potato chunks with 3 Tbsp olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss well with hands.
- On a slightly greased, aluminum foil lined, baking pan or sheet, arrange the sweet potato chunks without overcrowding. Bake in pre heated oven for 30 minutes, turning halfway through, as to cook evenly without burning.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat and sauté diced onion for a couple of minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger along with red chili flakes and sauté for a minute. Pour in maple syrup and pecans and let it cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally till it thickens up a bit.
- Once the sweet potatoes are roasted, take them out of the oven. Plate them on a serving dish or bowl and drizzle with chili maple glaze and pecans.